6.19.2010

Christina Aguilera Craze!

Yes, it's true. Ever since I watched the Back to Basics concert video on the Christina Aguilera Takeover on Fuse TV (I was watching it because I was bored, in fact) I have been fascinated with Christina's music. I also watched a documentary about her on E! (Was tearing up like three times!) and felt really inspired after watching it. I have a lot of admiration and respect for her. She started off when she was only sixteen years old when NOBODY knew who she was, and did whatever she could to make it in the music industry. I know I'm more focusing on the "old" Christina Aguilera ('Back to Basics', 'Stripped'), but I just checked out her new album, 'Bionic', and it's actually not that bad. I know her song 'Woohoo' with Nicki Minaj (Oh MAN, I really don't like her) is REALLY inappropriate and provocative, and I frowned upon it at first, but I realized that (she said this in an interview) she shouldn't have to do everything by OUR rules. Musicians have to do their OWN thing. I mean, if she wants to express her sexuality through her music, then she can! If you don't like it, just don't listen to it, but don't put it down. I mean, I don't like the song, but I don't mind Christina doing whatever she pleases with her music. It's HER music. Just thought I'd put that out there. Oh, and another point I'd like to address, she is NOT trying to copy Lady GaGa. Of course I LOOOVE Lady GaGa, even more than Christina, but you have to remember that just because someone is trying to be different, it doesn't mean they're trying to be Lady GaGa. So...yep. ANYWAY, I wanted to make a little playlist for y'all with some of my favorite Christina songs (Yes, even some from 'Bionic', AND some remixes, too!) that you can have a listen to! Here it is--

1. Dirrty (feat. Redman)
2. Ain't No Other Man
3. Candyman
4. Slow Down Baby
5. Back in the Day
6. Makes Me Wanna Pray
7. Keeps Gettin' Better
8. My Girls (feat. Peaches, LOVE HER!)
9. Birds of Prey
10. Ain't No Other Man (Junior Vasquez Radio Mix)
11. Ain't No Other Man (Ospina Sullivan Radio Mix)
12. Keeps Gettin' Better (Jody den Broeder Trip Radio)

Well, there you go! Hope you guys like it! GO XTINA! :)

Kira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved! :]