8.29.2010

My Day at the Sunset Strip Music Festival!

Okay, so I went to the Sunset Strip Music Festival (SSMF) yesterday, and let me say that it was AMAZINGLY fun. It was my first real rock n' roll experience. I got to see Neon Trees, Semi Precious Weapons, AND Slash live!

First, I headed to the east outdoor stage to see Neon Trees. Now, I love them, but I TOTALLY underestimated their genre. I thought they were just pop alternative, but they are SERIOUS rock n' roll. They were so much fun and had SO much energy. The lead singer, Tyler Glenn, is freaking amazing. He's so loud and crazy, he can really put on a great show. I mean, the whole band can, of course, but you know what I mean.

Right after Neon Trees was the band I had been waiting for--Semi Precious Weapons. They were CRAZY. No lie. I was so happy that they played their self-titled track 'Semi Precious Weapons' as their first song. I was freaking screaming the lyrics out. I'm surprised that I didn't lose my voice after the first song! Throughout the rest of the set, Justin Tranter, the lead singer, opened a bottle of champagne and sprayed it all over the audience, stage dove and crowd surfed, changed his clothes on stage, and made out with an audience member! Also, the rest of the band members got pretty wild. The guitarist, Stevy Pyne, was jumping across the stage and hanging from VARIOUS hights. It was insane, to say the least. AND, at the end, Justin decided to tell the audience to jump over the barrier and on to the stage, regardless of what the security said! By the end of the show (where they cut off the speakers, by the way) there were tons of fans on stage. It was such an amazing sight. I thought, wow. THIS is rock n' roll. Unfortunately, the police didn't see it the same way. While I was waiting at the Star 98.7 booth waiting for them to come sign autographs, an employee told us that they might not be able to make it because the police were waiting for them after their show in which they "started a riot". Now, I'm all for obeying the law and everything, but seriously? They started a RIOT? I didn't see anything get destroyed, or burned down, or even any fighting! I mean, if it's okay with the band, then why NOT let the fans come on stage? Oh well. In the end, thankfully, they finally made it to the CD signing. I took a picture with the whole band, and they even signed my bag! Also, I gave my blog link to Stevy, so if you're reading this, well, THANK YOU! You HAVE to see Semi Precious Weapons live. They will not disappoint you!

Lastly, my dad had to see Slash, so we watched what was left of his set after the Semi Precioius Weapons CD signing. Him and his whole band were really fun. Plus, FERGIE came on stage to sing, and she was AMAZING! You wouldn't believe how awesome she sounded. I was also very happy because they played Barracuda, one of my FAVORITE classic rock tunes.

And THAT, my friends, was my day at SSMF. Thank you to Neon Trees, Semi Precious Weapons, and Slash for putting on the greatest rock n' roll shows I have seen yet. Rock on, folks!

Kira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved! :]