8.03.2010

2010 MTV Video Music Award Nominations!

WOOT! Today, they announced the nominations for the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, and I'm very pleased since some of my FAVORITE songs, artists, and videos are nominated! I bet you're wondering, GEE, WHOEVER shall I vote for? Well, I CAN HELP YOU! I know, I'm so awesome, right? SO, in my opinion, HERE'S who you should vote for--

Best Collaboration--'Telephone' by Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce (No question on this one. 'Telephone' blows ALL the other nominations in this category OUT OF THE WATER.)

Best Dance Video--'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga

Best Female Video--'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga (but if you don't like Lady Gaga, I really think you should vote for Taylor Swift's 'Fifteen'. She got ONE nomination, ONE! Poor Taylor! But then again, maybe you should just vote for Katy Perry's 'California Gurls', because who KNOWS what drama will go down if Taylor dares go up there to accept a VMA...ack. Nevermind. Just don't vote for Ke$ha. That's all I ask. Please. Don't.)

Best Hip-Hop Video--This is a hard one since I'm not really a hip hop fan, but the only two rappers that I have merely ANY respect for are B.o.B. and Eminem. B.o.B's 'Airplanes', you have to admit, is quite catchy, regardless of how overplayed it is, and I mean, HAYLEY WILLIAMS! She's famazing. But on the other hand, Eminem's 'Not Afraid', I think, is a much more meaningful song. I say vote for either, but I just voted for 'Airplanes', because in the end, it's really about the music VIDEO, and I kind of like that video better. Moving on...

Best Male Video--Well, it's basically the same debate here, I won't bore you and repeat it. 'Airplanes' by B.o.B., or 'Not Afraid' by Eminem?

Best New Artist--'The Ghost Inside' by Broken Bells (I'm not the biggest Broken Bells fan, but A. I can't STAND Jason Derulo, his music is awful, and the video nominated in particular, 'In My Head', is also awful, B. I'm not going to hate on Justin Bieber, I have nothing against him, but I just really don't like his music, C. Even though I will admit that Ke$ha's 'TiK ToK' is a catchy song, Ke$ha is a drunken whore who rips off Uffie, so...no, and finally D. I dislike Nicki Minaj even MORE than Jason Derulo. She is so ANNOYING! I absolutely can't stand her, and that video is just...WTF. So just vote for Broken Bells, please.)

Best Pop Video--'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga (All of these are actually pretty well done videos (well, except for 'TiK ToK', of course), but in the end, I just chose Lady Gaga because she's my favorite singer OF ALL TIME and I love her even MORE than Katy Perry.)

Best Rock Video--'Dog Days Are Over' by Florence + the Machine (Now, I'll admit my vote on this one is kind of just based on the fact that I love Flo to DEATH. The video, to me, didn't really make sense. It kind of freaked me out. The makeup and all that, it was just really weird. Not that weird is BAD, but it just felt really out of place. I don't know. If she wasn't nominated, I would definitely have voted for 'Ignorance' by Paramore.)

Video of the Year--'Telephone' by Lady Gaga (It's a hard one, with both 'Bad Romance' AND 'Telephone', but you have to admit, the 'Telephone' video was absolutely EPIC, and I do think it's better and more interesting than 'Bad Romance'.)

So, I do hope this helped you all who were deeply pondering who to vote for, or maybe I'm not helping any of you and I just like blabbing about music I like. Regardless of who you vote for, I will be happy if you vote at all, so head on down to http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2010/categories.jhtml, set up an account, and VOILA! The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards are on September 12 at 9/8c and of course, are on MTV. See you guys then!

Kira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved! :]