5.07.2010

Can't Be Tamed, Can Be Shamed

OY. Have you guys seen Miley Cyrus' new video?! Watching it made me genuinely sad. I think Miley's traveled over to the dark side for good. Anyway, her newest video for her new single, 'Can't Be Tamed', just has awful written all over it. I'm sorry, Miley fans, but really? The video features Miley portrayed as some sort of exotic endangered species of a giant black bird (or as I like to call it, THE MILEY BIRD LADY!) being shown off at a museum (with a 40's-looking audience that looks like a mix of Lady GaGa clones and clean-looking men in suits), but when someone tries to take a photo of her, she hides away, and ALL OF A SUDDEN, a bunch of bird-and-other-strange-animal dancers appear out of no where, causing the audience to run away in fear. Now, before I continue, let me note how ridiculously slutty Miley's outfit is. It looks like some sort of leather leotard (much too tight) with a bunch of feathers and straps dangling off her, giant bird claw-feather gloves for hands, and just about the biggest Bump-It I have EVER seen in her hair. It may have been bigger than Snooki's. Now, I did like the outfits of the other dancers, I have to say. I mean, the whole thing was quite a GaGa-wannabe show, but it doesn't mean the outfits weren't nice (well, except for Miley's bird-lady shindig). I liked the animal dancer outfits, and in a few shots, Miley was lying in peacock feathers with this scaly strapless dress thing that was really pretty, although the weird metal glove-ish thing she had on almost ruined it. Anywho, the rest of the video was mostly just her prancing around the museum performing some pretty slutty dance moves while sporting a REALLY angry face. But enough about the outfits and all, now, THE SONG. The song basically sounded like a really conceited song about, well, being a slut. Let me show you with a few of the lyrics--

"For those who don’t know me, I can get a bit crazy

Have to get my way, 24 hours a day
‘Cause I’m hot like that
Every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention
Like I’m under inspection, I always get the 10s

‘Cause I’m built like that

I go through guys like money flyin’ out their hands
They try to change me but they realize they can’t
And every tomorrow is a day I never planned
If you’re gonna be my man, understand"

Are your eyes and ears bleeding yet? Honestly, it's really sad that Miley's going down this road. I mean, I'm totally cool with her trying to break out of the whole Hannah Montana image and everything, but that doesn't mean she needs to write songs like this OR make videos like this. I do think it's a bit wrong to keep bashing Miley for not being a role model, like being a role model is her job. Her job is to be a musician, not to influence every individual girl ages five and up to make the right decisions in life. It's not her responsibility. It's the parents', if any. They can't just put their child's life in the hands of a pop star's influence. With that being said, I still think she needs to maintain a good image. I'm not saying she has to be a nun, but I don't want her to end up like Lindsay Lohan or something, where the moment someone says her name, you automatically think of the words 'slut', 'alcoholic', or 'junkie'. When people think 'Miley', people should think of fun music, a cool girl that has some decent pipes and has music that's appreciated by all ages. Miley's trying too hard. She just needs to be herself, I mean, that's what got everyone to love her in the first place. I can't say this in total truth because I don't know her personally, but I don't think this is her. Come on, Miley, you can still save yourself!

Kira xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved! :]