5.14.2010

'California Gurls', Katy Perry's New Single!

The wonderful Katy Perry has FINALLY released a new single! It's called 'California Gurls', featuring Snoop Dogg. Now, I honestly don't like Snoop Dogg all that much, but I kind of have some respect for him since he's been around for so long. He's not THAT bad in the song. I have to say, the lyrics seem a bit stereotypical or commercial-like, but it's still really catchy and fun, definitely sounds like the perfect beach party song. Also, the melody does sound a LOT like Ke$ha's 'TiK ToK', but I am NOT defending Ke$ha for being possibly ripped off, because she totally ripped off Uffie for that song, anyway. Overall, it's a pretty good song, I've been listening to it on repeat for quite a bit now. The album artwork is really cool, too! It looks like really cool postcard. So, if you like Katy, definitely check out her new song! I'm hoping you won't be disappointed :D

Kira xox

EDIT----------------
Okay, sorry, but I don't like these lyrics at all. After really listening to it, I just...ehhh. Snoop Dogg's rap is really perverted, and the rest of the lyrics make girls from California sound like a bunch of tan sluts who live on the beach and have sex in jeeps. BUT WHY CAN'T I STOP LISTENING TO IT?! HELP ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loved! :]